Here’s a quick example of how you can upcycle a home pendant lighting fixture from thrift store finds.
I spent two hours going to four thrift stores and just scrounging for mechanical and electrical looking items, hoping that somehow I would be able to put them all together into a cool pendant light fixture. I had no idea how I was going to put the different pieces together to make an upcycled light fixture, but when I got home and looked at my loot, these pieces fit together perfectly into a unique modern-looking pendant:
- A plain stainless steel pendant light
- A piece of plumbing coil
- A set of shower curtain hooks
- A mini leather belt
This video shows how the pieces went together to make the upcycled pendant lighting fixture.
1. Wet and squeeze the leather belt around the bottom edge of the plain pendant light.
2. Mark where to drill the holes for the shower curtain hooks to hang off the bottom of the pendant light.
3. Drill holes in the light fixture.
4. Hang the shower curtain hooks from the holes in the pendant light fixture.
5. Feed the electrical wires through the plumbing coil.
Your upcycled pendant light is ready to install.