How to Make Fluffy White Rice on the Stove
1. Wash the rice in a colander if you wish. Pick out any debris such as stones. In the U.S., white rice is already washed and polished, so you don’t need to wash and pick it.
2. Heat a bit of olive oil in a sauce pan.
3. Put water on to boil in a separate pan.
4. Brown some chopped-up onion or garlic in the first sauce pan.
5. Add dry rice to the sauce pan. Saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add 2 cups of hot water for every cup of rice to the sauce pan.
7. Cover and simmer until done. DO NOT STIR UNTIL DONE. Let sit a few minutes before serving.
P.S. I used the Fuji Finepix S4500 to record this high definition video. It’s a pretty good piece of equipment for $180! (That was with a coupon). It’s still pretty affordable at Amazon. Check it out.